ITTF challenge set to open in Lagos

Source: Xinhua| 2017-08-09 03:15:12|Editor: huaxia
Video PlayerClose

LAGOS, Aug. 8 (Xinhua) -- The Nigeria Table Tennis Federation (NTTF) Tuesday confirmed the participation of 22 countries and regions in the Seamaster International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) Challenge Nigeria Open which begins on Wednesday in Lagos.

The 4th edition of the championships is holding at the Molade Okoya Thomas Hall, Teslim Balogun, Stadium, Lagos, and will end on Aug. 13.

NTTF President Ishaku Tikon said at news conference to herald the competition commencement that it was the highest recorded participation since the inception of the tournament in 2013.

Tikon said it was an impressive turnout and that the federation and its sponsors had made adequate arrangement to make the 2017 edition remarkable.

"We have 22 countries and regions that are featuring in this year's edition and this is the highest so far which makes the competition outstanding," he told reporters.

"Based on the number of entries, we expect challenges and we are ready to pick them and make sure that everything works out fine," he said.

He added that the body would continue to partner with its sponsors to sustain the tournament. Enditem

KEY WORDS:
YOU MAY LIKE
EXPLORE XINHUANET
010020070750000000000000011100001365098961