KIGALI, May 19 (Xinhua) -- Rwanda on Friday kicked off new screening measures at its official border posts with the Democratic Republic of Congo (DR Congo), in order to detect the deadly Ebola virus that has been reported in the neighboring country last month.
Anyone entering Rwanda via official border posts with the DR Congo in Rubavu and Rusizi districts will go through temperature screening procedures, said a statement released by the Rwanda ministry of health on Friday.
"The screening, which began today, is done using non-contact infrared laser thermometers. In readiness to detect any Ebola cases, the Kigali International Airport will continue the fever screening using a heat scan machine which is also in compliance to the international standards," the ministry said in the statement.
All travelers with fever will not be allowed to enter Rwanda and all passengers who have been to the affected areas in DR Congo within the last 22 days will be stopped from boarding flights to Rwanda.
The health ministry has however assured the general population that there has been no case of Ebola virus in Rwanda, but called on them to remain vigilant and report any suspected case to the nearest health facility. Enditem


