BETHLEHEM, West Bank, March 15 (Xinhua) -- Reports conflict about the fate of a Palestinian girl, who ran over and wounded three Israelis with her vehicle south of the West Bank city of Bethlehem on Wednesday.
Israeli soldiers shot and critically wounded earlier on Wednesday a 15-year-old Palestinian girl after her car-ramming attack, Israeli and Palestinian sources said.
The Israeli media reported that the Palestinian girl, driving a car, ran over three Israelis who were standing at Gush Itzion settlement's crossroad south of Bethlehem in southern West Bank.
The reports said Israeli soldiers stationed at the crossroad opened fire at the girl and critically wounded her. Three Israelis were lightly injured and the girl was taken to hospital.
The reports said that the girl was identified as Fatima Taqatqa, aged 15, from the village of Beit Fujar near Bethlehem, and her fate is still unknown whether dead or still alive, adding that she doesn't have a driving license.
Palestinian medical and security sources confirmed that the Palestinian girl was critically wounded. However, the Palestinian health ministry hasn't officially confirmed the girl's death. She is currently in the hands of the Israeli side.
A wave of tension has been going on between Israel and the Palestinians since October 2015, with the latter frequently carrying out stabbing and cars run-over attacks.
Official figures said more than 350 Palestinians and one Jordanian in the West Bank and east Jerusalem, as well as over 40 Israelis had been killed since then.












