GAZA, June 17 (Xinhua) -- Islamic Hamas movement on Monday warned Israel not to delay the implementation of the cease-fire deal which was brokered by Egypt, the United Nations and Qatar in May.
The warning was issued during a meeting earlier in the day between Hamas senior leaders led by the politburo chief Ismail Haniyeh and Mohammad Ammadi, head of the Qatari Committee to reconstruct the Gaza Strip.
Taher al-Noono, Haniyeh's aide for media affairs, said in a press statement that Hamas and the Qatari envoy discussed the cease-fire deal and the lift of the Israeli blockade on Gaza.
Khalil al-Hayya, a senior Hamas leader in Gaza, told reporters that Hamas and the Palestinian factions are committed to the cease-fire deal as long as Israel is.
Ammadi arrived in the Gaza Strip late on Sunday night through the Erez Crossing on the border with Israel, according to the Palestinian civil liaison office at the border crossing.
The Qatari envoy visited Gaza to deliver financial aid to an estimated 100,000 poor families in the coastal enclave.
Qatar has donated 30 million U.S. dollars to Gaza in June, with 10 million dollars for poor families, 10 million dollars for developing humanitarian projects to create job opportunities, and the rest used to buy fuel to maitain the operation of the sole power station in Gaza, local media reported.